Tuesday, September 8, 2009

It's Our Flip Flop Anniversary!

September 6 marked our one year anniversary and I have to say, managing this from our humble home and with minimal time and resources, we feel so blessed by the wonderful things that have taken place over the last year and by the many people who have done so much for others. Over 3,000 pairs in a year! Here's how Olivia feels about it!

There are a few things that have changed - I simply can't keep up on who is an "official" flip flop "friend" or "fan" and the bottom line is that shoes (and undies) get to the people who need them, so it really doesn't matter whether someone donates 50 pair or ONE pair. I think that anyone who has been a part of this mission in the past year will agree with what this verse says, "In all things I have shown you that by working hard in this way we must help the weak and remember the words of the Lord Jesus, how he himself said, ‘It is more blessed to give than to receive.’” Acts 20:35

I am behind on blogging my updates! I promise to get caught up soon! We have some exciting stories to share, including shoes that went to India, to land on the feet of children who have never owned or worn shoes before.

Please keep your eyes open for deals - this is the time of year that shoes start getting clearanced out. Last year we had great luck with Walgreens - they marked their flips down to .49 and when we asked if we bought them all if they would give them to us for .25, time after time, city after city and state after state they agreed. Don't bother with Target as the management does not have the authority to reduce the price. If anyone else finds a deal, please leave a comment!

4 comments:

Lena Just Lena said...

Happy Anniversary-what a great pic to celebrate a big milestone! Thanks for the update!

Denise said...

I can't believe it's been a year all ready :) WOW over 3000 pairs is AWESOME great work everyone! I'm off to find more flip flops!!! I love the pic too...so cute :)

Anonymous said...

congrats!! I saw flip flops on sale at CVS the other day for as low as 75 cents! I"ll have to ask them if they'll reduce the price ...

I have several pairs here if you know someone traveling!

Adelaide said...

Love the pic and this blog.