Tuesday, May 19, 2009

We're Cruisin'

Ok, folks! We got 35 more items in the last 24 hours! We have 28 pairs of undies and 7 bras added! Thanks and keep 'em comin'!! We don't want to crash and burn!!
We have had a variety of questions - here are some answers:
  • We will take any decent quality used bras or undies. We have still been receiving feedback that this is strange (the USED part). I will say this again, PEOPLE NEED UNDERWEAR. We are talking about the poorest of the poor. We are blessed to have made some wonderful connections with people who work with and serve the poorest of the poor. At the Flip Flop Fleet, our mission is to serve the poorest of the poor.
  • Mens, womens, kids. ALL sizes.

  • No to g-strings, but thank you anyway :)
  • We will take new skivvies, of course!
  • We will take items from the dollar store (thanks for that tip - I didn't know they had these items) Any skivvies are better than no skivvies.

  • We don't need your items sent to us by Sunday, we just want to know your "counts"

I will leave you with this picture. This is what the "mall" looks like in Haiti.

3 comments:

Sadie said...

I don't have much to spare right now, but you can put me down for $5 worth from the Dollar Tree/99c store. I will check and see what exactly they have available right now, as at times i have found "irregular" packs of underwear there in kids size (3 prs for $1 can't be beat!). Also, I heard that Old Navy is having a 99c flip flop sale, but I haven't looked into it myself yet!

Megan said...

Old Navy often has a 99 cent flop sale each year.

Also, sign me up for 10 more pairs of undies (mix of new and used). And also check out Target. I got a "as is" (one was missing) set of 5 (originally 6) for 3.50. That's less than a dollar each!

Megan said...

Dollar Tree had 3 boys spiderman undies for 99 cents. I got 2 sets, so add 6 more pairs for me. i can always get more later. Whats the count?